Saturday, June 03, 2006

My loserness has been duly noted.

I'm sitting at home on Saturday night, having just visited the campground where my grandparents stay while they're in town (they're snowbirds), looking forward to watching a movie with my parents and retiring early tonight.
Wow. It's only been a few weeks since being at Loras.
Dear me.

The fun part of tonight was definitely when I got home from working for 8 hours, and my mom asked if I'd like to go out to eat (which is HUGE in my family...we don't go out...ever.). Then she said we were going to Dos Reales (okay, even when we do go out, we never go out for Mexican!). Then when we were there she said she was going to get a margarita (which never happens either...my mom doesn't believe in paying what restaurants ask for drinks), and then I got to get one too! Holy cats! Nothing like a surprise, free margarita! Hoorah!

Today at work I was helping an old lady put a heavy box in her trunk, when I closed the trunk on my finger. It bled right away...I must have really got it in there good. It was like the falling-up-the-stairs incident from the other day, where it shocked me, then I realized I was in pain a bit later. Anyway, that's two work-related injuries in the first week I've been back.
I'm thinking I'm not looking like a huge asset to the company. ;) I'm more of a liability!
(we just won't mention the time I broke the $800 crucifix...) Oops!

And the theme song of the week: Sugarland's "Baby Girl". Rusty and I hear this song nearly every time we're together, and we heard it at the honky-tonk on Music Row (when we were drinking our amazing Grateful Dead's). I just love these lyrics.

"Dear Mom and Dad,
Please send money, I'm so broke that it ain't funny
Well I don't need much, just enough to get me through
Please don't worry 'cause I'm alright
I'm playing here at the bar tonight
Well, this time I'm gonna make our dreams come true
Well I love you more than anything in the world,
Love,
Your Baby Girl"

And then there's the lyric that goes: "Remember me in ribbons and curls" - and um, hello...that's totally me. I still wear ribbons in my hair. Not as often, but I do. :)

And another set of lyrics from our studly Australian cowboy:
"Cause days go by
I can feel 'em flying like a hand out the window in the wind
And cars go by
Yeah it's all we've been given
So you better start livin' right now
Cause days go by

{...}

So take 'em by the hand
They're yours and mine
Take 'em by the hand
And live your life.
Take 'em by the hand
Don't let 'em all fly by.

I heart Keith Urban. :)


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?