Saturday, August 26, 2006

So I'm sitting in my apartment, looking at some pretty sweet art on the internet, watching the Leonardo DiCaprio/Claire Danes version of Romeo and Juliet, and I hear music.
Not just any kind of music, but familiar music.
I stop, and listen.

Is that an...ice cream truck? In Dubuque??

So I look out the window.
Nothing.

I go out to the living room to see if the TV's on.
No.

I go to the door, and it gets louder.
And slowly, one by one, college students start peeking out their doors.
Looking, wondering, hoping.

And then, laughter.
Joy.
It IS an ice cream truck! Driving down a random street in Dubuque!

We laugh, we smile, and then slowly, as it passes, we return about our business.

Oh, ice cream trucks. You make me (and everyone else!) smile. :)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?